· Epo + active cancer -> stroke and death
· Epo + PHx cancer -> cancer recurrence
· Iron replenishement improves function in heart failure
· Risk of TACO in heart failure. Give 1 at a time.
· Anaemia in cancer is multifactorial
· If iron defiency anaemia and getting blood anyway, still give IV iron
· If iron deficient and getting Epo, should get iron too.
· Hypothermia: definitely address.
· Avoid excessive venous pressure at surgical site by appropriate positioning
· Induced hypotension mAP 50-60 for radical prostatectomy or major joint replacement
· TEG: consider for cardiac
· Routine FFP in coagulopathy incl liver disease is not recommended
· Coag tests in liver disease do not correlate with bleeding risk
· Prophylactic FFP in cardiac: not recommended
· Prophylactic platelets in cardiac: not recommended
· Prophylactic or routine rF7a: not recommended – risk of thrombotic events
· rF7a: use if everything else has failed – surgery, txa, blood products,
· Routine cryo or fibrinogen concentrate in medical patients with coagulopathy is not advised. Get haem help with DIC.
· Restrictive is best
· Routine FFP for coagulopathy not recommended. Independnetly associated with ARDS and TRALI.
· INR <2 may not benefit from FFP.
· Trauma: TXA within 3 hours
· Critically ill with upper GI bleeding: consider TX
· Late admin of TXA is probably harmful
· Make sure iron replete
· Group and hold in early preg for all
· Group and hold early in admission if antibodies
· Hb reference range
· Infusion device – pump
· Recognition and reporting of AEs